Hello everyone! This is the first blog post of PDTech, our company which aims to empower people living with Parkinson’s Disease. Our blog is where we will talk about what we have achieved and what we are working on at the moment.
In this first blog post we will introduce the team. Our team is made up of 5 hardworking, enthusiastic co-founders who are working towards making life easier for people living with Parkinson’s Disease. These people are:
- Vicki Thomas – CEO
- Mark Gardner – Chief Technical Officer
- Sam Koopowitz – Chief Medical Office
- Jady Wang – Marketing Manager
- Anas Al-Shamleh – Business Manager
Our team was a part of the University of Adelaide Biodesign course and eChallenge competition in 2018. In the eChallenge, we won:
- 1st prize in the Medical Innovations division;
- A Microsoft Prize (worth $10,000 in consulting and mentoring);
- And we were also a finalist in the Overall division
We are now working as part of the Thinclab incubator, working hard to develop our prototype. In future blog posts we will be describing our vision for helping empower people living with parkinson’s in more detail. Stay tuned for more good news!